Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Oven Fried Chicken
I really liked this. To me, it tasted just like KFC's original recipe. I should have dipped it back in the milk and into the batter a second time to get the batter a little thicker. I'm sure that's incredibly less healthy though. Let's be honest, I'm not all that concerned with health when I'm eating fried chicken! It isn't technically fried though, so..... a girl can dream.
Everyone tried it. Our youngest enjoyed it so much that he had seconds. I loved it too, but was too stuffed to have seconds. Everyone else wasn't a fan. They rarely are of new things though, so I wasn't surprised. I wonder if I put it in a KFC bucket if they'd suddenly enjoy it?
Oven Fried Chicken - Serves 6+
4 chicken breasts cut in half
1/2 teaspon salt
1 tablespoon season all
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup flour
2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 stick butter
1 - Put chicken into a bowl of milk to soak for about 25 minutes. Put the salt, season all, pepper, flour and paprika into a large bowl or zipper bag.
2 - Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3 - Melt the butter and pour into a 9 X 13 baking dish. Make sure the bottom of the entire dish is coated.
4 - Remove chicken from the milk and shake off any excess. Dip (or shake) each chicken piece in the seasoning mix that's in the bowl or zipper bag. Be sure each chicken breast is well coated with the seasoning and then place it in the baking dish.
5 - Bake for 20 minutes, then turn each piece of chicken and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment