This one was interesting. Let me start out by suggesting that you not put the lemon slices in the bottom like the recipe suggests. I don't know if I did it wrong or what, but the green beans closest to the lemon slices tasted like straight lemon. They were sour and kind of bitter. Ick. Everything else was delicious though. The green beans on top were perfect, the chicken was moist and the potatoes came out just right. I highly recommend this meal. Not only is it delicious, but it's pretty too. I also love any meal that can be cooked in one dish. Less dishes that way. Gabe was the only one that didn't like it. He did give me a thumbs up for the PB&J that he substituted for his dinner. I'll take what I can get.
Garlic & Lemon Chicken with Green Beans & Red Potatoes - Serves 6
4 lemons - 3 thinly sliced and 1 juiced
4 cloves garlic - minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound green beans
8 small red potatoes - quartered
4 chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large baking dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Arrange lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Add green beans to the mixture. Toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans from the mixture and arrange them on top of the lemon slices in the large baking dish.
4. Add potatoes to the mixture. Toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the potatoes from the mixture and arrange them alonge the inside edge of the dish on top of the green beans.
5. Add chicken to the mixture. Toss to coat. Place chicken, skin-side up, in the dish. Pour any remaining olive oil mixture over the chicken.
6. Roast for 50 minutes. Remove chicken from the dish and place the beans and potatoes back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy.
No comments:
Post a Comment