Saturday, January 18, 2014

Beef and Broccoli

Billy and I loved this one, but the kids just picked at it.  Brayden ate all the meat out of it and the other two just shoved it around on their plate.  In their defense, the noodles were a little over cooked and I forgot to add the broccoli.  Oopsie.  So we'll just let this be a free pass.  I messed it up, they didn't like it, whatever.  I didn't even make them take a picture for this one.  Thumbs down.  We all get it. 

I will say that it was VERY easy to make though and quite delicious.  The recipe calls for putting it over rice, but I thought noodles would be better.  After the fact, I regret that decision.  It really would have been better over rice (and with broccoli!). 

Beef and Broccoli - Serves 5/6  


1 pound boneless beef chuck roast - sliced into thin strips or cubed.
1 cup beef consomme
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 garlic cloves - minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
broccolie florets (as many as desired)
hot cooked rice

1. Place beef in crock pot.

2. In a small bowl combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil and garlic.  Pour over beef.

3. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

4. In a cup, stir cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of sauce from the crock pot until smooth.  Add to crockpot.  Stir well to combine.

5. Add broccoli.

6. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high.

7. Serve over hot cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment