I have four very picky eaters. We've lived a life of quick, easy dinners. I'm not the best cook and have almost always been a working wife/mother, while daddy works hard/often and just doesn't have the time/energy to cook like he wants to. Now that I'm officially a stay-at-home mom though, I've decided that our health (and my sanity) have got to become a priority. Those boxed, easy, quick meals just aren't good for us - nor are they any fun to cook. If I'm gonna be in charge of cooking the majority of the meals, I want to take some pride and joy in doing it! Problem is I didn't just magically discover my long-lost cooking skills when I stopped working outside the home. Nope. I still can't cook and I still have four picky eaters to cater to.
The eldest picky eater is my darling husband, Billy. He's just not a fan of much of anything. He likes pasta and he likes red meat. Oh, and catfish. He'll eat catfish until he explodes. The other three picky eaters are our wonderful children; Gabe, Alyssa and Brayden. Although their level of "pickiness" varies greatly between them. Gabe is definitely our most pickiest. He's practically a vegetarian. There are very few meats that he likes. Turkey bologna is about it on a consistent basis. Alyssa is our slightly less picky eater. She's also a veggie lover, but tolerates our meat choices. It can be a battle though. Then there's Brayden. Maybe I shouldn't even include him in our picky eater list, because truth be told, he's actually a really easy going kid. He'll try anything once..... twice, three times! He's such a people pleaser, he'll scarf something down just to be polite.
I can't say for certain how long this blog will go on, but for now, I have a two week plan. I've created a 14-day meal plan with all kinds of things we've never had before. Some will be a hit and some will be a complete disaster. I guess we'll see how it goes.......
No comments:
Post a Comment