Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hawaiian Kielbasa Over White Rice





One out of three.  Those aren't great odds.  Even sweet little Brayden was being generous with his thumbs up.  He ate one more small nibble after this photo and that was it.  This recipe was NOT a success with the kids.  Momma loved it though if that counts for anything (have I mentioned that I am not a picky eater at all?)!  I chose this meal specifically for this evening because Billy had to work.  I knew it would have gotten an enthusiastic thumbs down from him.  Two rejections was enough for me for one day.  This recipe is GREAT if you're going to a potluck, because the recipe serves 10+.  It's lucky that I like is so much, because there are plenty of leftovers to last.

Hawaiian Kielbasa - Crockpot Recipe

3 lbs Keilbasa, sliced into bite-sized chunks
15 1/4 oz can crushed pineapple
18 oz bottle barbecue sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.  Mix well.  Cover and cook on low setting for about 2 hours, until warmed through, or on high setting for about 30 minutes.

Servings - 10 to 15  (PLENTY of leftovers or great for a party)

This recipe was found in "101 Slow-Cooker Recipes" - Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment