Monday, August 19, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Noodles



This one went over surprisingly well - taste wise.  Unfortunately, I overcooked the noodles and burnt the broccoli, so that's why I got mixed reviews.  The taste of the meal itself was pretty good though.  Gabe picked out all of the chicken and ate it.  He still insisted on giving me a big fat thumbs down though.  He sure is lucky that I'm not very sensitive about my cooking.
 
I don't have an exact recipe for this.  My sister sent me a link to one she tried, but she said it was kind of bland and the reviews were just so-so.  I didn't have all the ingredients necessary for the recipe, so I just threw some random stuff into it.  I guess you could say that this is my first attempt at making something completely on my own.  I'm sure it's nothing unique and is probably in a cookbook somewhere, but I had to pat myself on the back for being creative on my own.  I'm pleased to report that it turned out AMAZINGLY delicious.  It was a really easy meal.

Cheesy Chicken Noodles - crockpot recipe

2 - large chicken breasts cubed
8 oz velveeta
2 cans cream of chicken soup
4 oz cream cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 package of egg noodles

Combine all ingredients (except the noodles) into the crockpot.  Cook on low for 8 hours.
Serve over cooked noodles.

Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment