Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Ben & Jerry's
Today I failed as a mother. I failed at my one task in the afternoons that I absolutely cannot neglect - picking them up from school. The worst part is that I didn't even have that panic moment of rushing out the door with no shoes on to drive the couple blocks to pick them up. Nope. I didn't even realize that I had forgotten to pick them until Brayden was ringing the doorbell. They all three fussed at me and shamed me for not meeting them at the crosswalk like I promised. The silver lining is that now I know all three of them know how to safely and quickly get home by themselves if the need ever arises. Mommy forgetting is not a need though. That's just a fail.
In an attempt to salvage any "Mommy of the Year" points I may have lost, I decided that ice cream for dinner would be a good idea. Not only would I hopefully be forgiven of my mommy fail, but rack up a few extra points. Who let's their kids have ice cream for dinner? Mom's with a guilty conscious, that's who!
Go to the store, pick our your flavor of choice, go home and eat it straight out of the carton. Dinner done!
Wanna know the funniest part? Gabe is taking a bite of my ice cream just for the sake of me getting a picture. He didn't want ice cream. That child quite literally just won't eat anything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment