Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Crispy Ranch Chicken

Two "eh" and one "no way".  At least he was nice about it and actually smiled for a picture.  Personally, I really enjoyed it.  I think it was a little too adventurous on the texture for them.  They picked and nibbled at it, but they all scraped off the cornflake crust. 

I made a couple changes to this one.  First, I didn't use 3 pounds of chicken pieces (bone-in) like it called for.  I used 2 pounds of chicken breasts cut into smaller portions.  Second, I didn't use salad dressing.  I felt like it was too runny.  I used one of those ranch "veggie dip" packets and added sour cream per the instructions.  It was much thicker and creamier.  I don't know if it drastically changed the taste of it, but I thought it was super delicious.  Even Billy ate it and he claims to HATE sour cream.  He had no idea that's what was in it.  Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.


Crispy Ranch Chicken - Makes 6 Servings

1 1/2 cups cornflake crumbs
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups ranch salad dressing
3 pounds chicken pieces

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine cornflakes, rosemary, salt and pepper in medium bowl
3. Pour salad dressing in separate medium bowl. 
4. Dip chicken pieces in salad dressing, coating well.  Dredge coated chicken in crumb mixture.
5. Place chicken in prepared baking dish.  Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment